Happy Thanksgiving! We hope that you are having the time of your life on this biggest season of the year!
You know that it’s hard to miss turkey on your table this season. But you know as well that it’s hard to miss cannabis too. With this, we want to share with you a recipe that we have discovered from the Weed Blog: Cannabis Turkey.
Roasted Cannabis Turkey Recipe
Serving: Good for 10-12 people
1 medium sized (12-15 lbs) of Turkey
½ cup of Cannabutter (and making this is now a walk in the park – check this recipe!)
¼ cup of chicken broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
½ teaspoon sage
Salt and peper
Tablespoon and Teaspoon
Space Case Grinder – Sifter (to grind your basil and thyme leaves)
1) Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
2) Wash the turkey and take off all the possible feather stubs on its skin.
3) Melt the Cannabutter in a small saucepan over low heat and blend all the remaining ingredients.
4) Stuff the turkey or season it with small and pepper.
5) Make a small incision in the skin of the turkey. Force a finger through the slit and break the contact between the skin and the meat.
6) Squirt half of the cannabutter mixture under the skin using a meat injector.
7) Put the turkey in the oven and cook it for at least 15-20 minutes for every pound.
8) Pour in the remaining cannabutter mixture every 30 minutes until it’s done.
You may have different methods (or sets of ingredients) in cooking a Turkey, so whichever really is applicable. The most important for this recipe is the cannabutter mixture in order to add a fusion of cannabis into your Thanksgiving turkey. Other than that, you are all set regardless of any other method you use in cooking this most staple holiday recipe.
Image Credit: The Cannabis Strain Directory