How is cannabis being used for better physical and mental performance
The first thing that comes to our mind when we discuss marijuana is “The High”. Recreational marijuana has always been the most common use of this plant. But the storm of legalization not only opened up opportunities to explore this plant but also expanded research to support its health benefits. Research is currently happening across the world to understand the true potential of cannabis and the various ways of utilizing this amazing ingredient. Cannabis could become an irrevocable part of our lifestyle very soon. The reason for this is that it is an amazing ingredient that can bring lots of health benefits and help with both physical as well as mental well-being. Here are a few ways in which cannabis and its related products help achieve great physical and mental performance.
Source: CTV News
When we talk about cannabis, we collectively refer to various ingredients related and derived from the plant. THC and CBD are the most commonly used ingredients which are constituents of Cannabis. They are cannabidiols that have properties similar to that of chemicals in our bodies. They bind with the receptors to enhance the functioning of the endocannabinoid system. Terpenes are chemicals found in cannabis which have amazing properties such as pleasing aroma and flavor. These are also becoming common ingredients in various products these days. Hemp is a cousin of the marijuana species which has very low THC content somewhere between 0.03 to 1.5 percent, which is hardly comparable to marijuana strains which on average have about 5 to 10 percent. Visit a reputed website that offers hemp coupons and reviews.
All these plants have different properties that aid in the various health benefits.
Cannabis and Physical Health
- It can aid in pain relief and reduce inflammation: Hemp seed oil is commonly used for relieving inflammation in the body. The oil is rich in GLA, which are the basic building blocks of a chemical called prostaglandins. This chemical is important in the body to reduce and control inflammation, soothe muscle cramps, and to help ease the pain in the joints as well as to regulate body temperature. These properties can be useful for people suffering from chronic pain conditions such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis and help give them a chance at a better lifestyle. A study states that CBD, which is among the most important compound found in full-spectrum hemp oil shows promising results among users with respect to pain relief. It actively reduces inflammation and helps the body feel relaxed. It can also relax the muscles and relieve the tension build-up due to stress, and help in recovery after intense physical activities.
- It can help with better dietary management: Physical fitness and wellness can only come from following a healthy and strict diet. Keeping away from junk foods and overeating can be a difficult task. But CBD or hemp can actually help you achieve your weight goals better. A study conducted among 4000 participants found that marijuana users tend to lose weight more efficiently compared to non-users. CBD does this by altering our fat cells. It converts the white fat cells into brown ones which not only helps you burn away the toxins but also helps you put on healthy weight. Apart from this, using hemp oil by adding it to your salad or smoothie or consuming hemp seeds, in general, can also help you maintain weight. It helps suppress your cravings in a healthy manner. It increases the digestion time and makes you feel full longer, thus keeping you away from snacking too often. You can compare on high supplies to purchase the best marijuana seeds you grow at home.
Source: Oov Lifestyle
- It can promote good sleep for proper recovery of your body: Our body goes through wear and tear every day. A proper sleep cycle is important to ensure that it has the time to recover from this. This way you can perform better at work, as well as at home. CBD helps your body to relax and feel light and helps fall asleep. Some strains of marijuana, in fact, have sedative properties that glide you into a peaceful nap within a few minutes. A study suggests that CBD can help achieve deep sleep much faster than usual, even in the case of people with sleep problems.
- It can improve your heart health: Cannabis is among the very few natural and vegetarian sources of Omega -3 and Omega -6 fatty acids. These form the building blocks of our body and enable the proper functioning of the organs. Also, Omega fatty acids are directly responsible for maintaining heart health. They help in thinning the blood and removing any chances of blood clots in the body. They also ensure that there is no muscle spasm anywhere, and help to maintain proper blood pressure in the body. Hemp seeds are a rich source of these fatty acids. Apart from this, they are also a good source of arginine, which helps in turning amino acids into nitric oxide. Check out some discounted sour diesel seeds. Hemp can also help eliminate bad cholesterol from the body, which is one of the primary causes of heart failures across the world. A combination of these properties helps CBD and Hemp decrease the risk of heart failure, says a study.
Cannabis and Mental Performance:
- It can improve cognitive abilities: Our brain is a complicated structure. Even after years of efforts to uncover the beauty of this organ, there is so much more to learn from it. With age, the formation of brain cells after they die becomes less frequent. The ability of our body to compensate for the dead cells becomes lesser day after day. This impairs our cognitive abilities. But, cannabis could, in fact, be the miracle ingredient that the body needs to cope with the same. The presence of CBD and other compounds in full-spectrum hemp oils could influence the brain to better health. A review in 2018 suggests that these compounds may have anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties that help regulate the immune system. This balances the degeneration process to its original abilities. This could protect us from neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, and seizure disorders. If you are looking for some amazing strains with high CBD content then check it our here.
- It can help cope with depression and anxiety: The changing lifestyle and food habits have an intense effect on our health, both physical and mental. The stress and pressure from everyday lives start to accumulate over a period. Depression and anxiety are becoming common mental health ailments among various age groups today. With current medication posing a threat of addiction, the industry is turning to a safer and effective medication using cannabis. CBD binds with the receptors in the body to alter the hormone levels and bring balance to them. This helps balance the adrenaline levels in the body, along with various other hormones. This way, you can cope with anxiety attacks and mood swings. It also creates a sense of euphoria in the mind that is relaxing and calming for the individual to feel comfortable and safe. Due to similar effects, CBD has been found useful for treating PTSD and reduce the intensity of its effects on individuals.
The nutrition profile of cannabis enables it to aid a healthy and active lifestyle. Including it in our everyday lives can impact it for the better and ensure good health and well being.